Well since I am new to the whole blogging world lets catch up a bit. Lets start in April that is where some major events went on in my family. On 4/07/08 Ethan was offically adopted by Erik. That was such a great day for our whole family, and it couldn't have come at a better time. One week later 4/14/08 Erika Rose Carlson was born. She weighed 6lbs 12oz and was 19.5 inches long. She has looked like her daddy since the day she was born I think. Ethan is such a great big brother and loves to take care of her. Since the day she was born he has asked, "when will Erika be big enough to play with me?" Well the answer to his question came much faster than I realized. Erika is 8 months old and has been crawling all over the place since she was 6.5 months old. Erika loves her big brother and follows him everywhere. Ethan LOVES IT! He plays peek-a-boo, chase on his hands and knees and he always makes sure that if he is playing with toys he includes her as well. He tells me that she needs to have fun too! Lately he has been bringing her to his room so they can play toys together. I can't tell you how lucky I am that he has never been jealous of her. He tells us all the time "Thank you for my baby sister! She is all that I ever wanted." How incredibly sweet is that? As a parent I don't think you could be more proud of a 4 year old.
This year we have gone on a couple trips. In may 2008 we went to Klamath Falls, Oregon. It was so beautiful and Crater Lake was breath taking. (I had never been there before)
Our second trip was camping at Ft. Stephens. We had a great time and the weather was so great. especially for the very end of September. It was great taking Erika to the Beach for the first time and Ethan always loves the Beach!
Our third trip this year was in Seattle. It was a fun trip but also very rushed. Erik was sick the whole time and possibly a little grumpy because of it. Ethan had a cold and I had the beginning stages of one. All in all we made the trip as fun as possible and Ethan really wants to go back and see the Space "Noodle" again.
Ethan started Pre-k this year and loves it. He has learned so much so quickly! He loves writing now and drawing he is getting so good at. He is totally into the VeggieTales Pirates who don't do anything and has memorized the whole soundtrack. He never stops singing.
We got our Christmas tree and had a lot of fun decorating it. Erika loves crawling under it to play with the branches.
Erik's job has been pretty steady this year but the last month he has been off quite a bit just waiting for the other workers to finish what they are doing so he can go back and do the things that they need to do. Hopefully it picks back up and he isn't off anymore "weeks at a time"
As for me, I am just keeping busy with 2 mobile children and trying to keep up with the house work. I am getting better but I am sure there is always room for improvement!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Family
Posted by Carlson Family at 1:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
There is always room for improvement on our housework capabilities. lol. But I just wanted to say one thing...
"argh argh argh argh argh argh argh argh grab your rootbeer hold it high wack your ship mate in the eye yank his hair and break his nose watch your back its jolly joes!"
I love it when Ethan sings that!!
Post a Comment