Well this year Christmas came way to fast and it didn't seem like Christmas at all. All the snow left us with 1 day to do some major shopping! We didn't even have time to get to everyone on our lists because with the weather problems the stores were closing way early. We took the kids 2 times to see Santa the first time he was gone due to the weather and then the second time we stood in line for 1.5 hours and then they cut the line off right in front of us and said that Santa was going on a hour lunch break. So when we came back an hour later they closed Santa down an hour early so again the kids couldn't see Santa. Erika didn't know what was going on but try telling a 4 year old that you can't see santa! Talk about MELT DOWN! That is what he has been looking forward to for weeks! I could have taken the kids right after Thanksgiving but I wanted Erik there for Erika's first time seeing Santa.
We had power for like 10 hours and it went out again so really we had been without power going on 6 days. It finally came back on today at 12:45 pm. I just really hope it doesn't go back out again! Its nice having running water and warm water, not to mention a SHOWER!!!
On Christmas Eve we went to Erik's parents house and had a Christmas dinner and opened presents, then Christmas morning we woke up and went back over for Sweedish pankake breakfast! Yum! then we opened Stockings! We spent some time at his parents house before heading to my parents house. (we weren't about to go back home to no power before we had to)
We had Christmas dinner at my parents house and watched the little kids open presents but then it was time to head home! I was completely dredding it. Going from power and heat to NO power and heat for 5 days just didn't seem wonderful to me. We got home and Ethan and Erika got to open their presents.
It really makes me think hard about the meaning of christmas though. We got Ethan 3 presents this year because our budget is really tight especially with the renters not paying rent like they should. (really frustrating) and Erik only working 2 out of 8 weeks. The one thing that Ethan really wanted to ask santa for we weren't able to get it for him (yet). Ethan was so excited for what he got he jumped up and said, Mommy this is the Best Christmas EVER! Okay well that made me happy and sad at the same time. I guess power and money doesn't matter to a 4 year old! I LOVE YOU ETHAN!
Friday, December 26, 2008
Christmas
Posted by Carlson Family at 5:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I know just how you feel. The only thing I wanted to get for Gideon was the glowworm...and no one had it. And we really couldn't get anything for the kids. It makes me sad.
Post a Comment