So just a little over a year ago, a wild cat had kittens under our house. They were the cutest little kitties. Ethan begged to keep one. Erik and I agreed even though I am really allergic to cats. Roxy is strictly an out door cat just for that reason. A few weeks ago we were cleaning out bins outside and There was a mouse in one of them. Erik put Roxy in the bin hoping she would catch the mouse. Well, the mouse came near her and freaked her out. Well now, she has her own special area where she brings her "daily catch" We've seen a couple big birds over in that spot and about 3 days ago we saw that there was mole there too. Yesterday we got home from Ethan's soccer game and I noticed Roxy walking up the driveway with something in her mouth. The poor thing was flapping it's wings like crazy. She brought it over to her Spot. I couldn't just watch her kill this bird so I picked up the cat until the bird flew away. That only took about 5 seconds. Then this morning we were going to leave for church when Erik told me that it looks like Roxy has a new catch. I went over to see what it was and to my surprise she had caught a baby chipmunk. I noticed it was still alive so again I picked up Roxy to see if the chipmunk could run away. Luckily it could. Now I realize this is all part of nature but if I see a little helpless baby I have to do everything I can to help it. I am glad that her special spot isn't my porch though. She has a special patch of grass that she brings everything to.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Roxy
Posted by Carlson Family at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are a nice mommy! I won't let the boys get a cat because I am allergic to them too. I bet Ethan is loving his hunting cat!
Hey Shayna! You blog!!!! :D :D :D
Post a Comment