"You'd give your last breath for your wife,
Take a bullet for your kids,
Lay your life down for your country,
Your Jesus, Your Friends."
"There's a whole lot of things
you say you are living for
When you've got to fight it somehow
stop and turn around
"cause this ain't nothin' to die for"
Take a bullet for your kids,
Lay your life down for your country,
Your Jesus, Your Friends."
"There's a whole lot of things
you say you are living for
When you've got to fight it somehow
stop and turn around
"cause this ain't nothin' to die for"
On my way home from getting Ethan from school today I heard a song "Nothin' to Die For" by Tim McGraw. It really got me thinking, "What do I LIVE for" and "Who would I Die for"?? All Day I was thinking about what I would live for? Obviously I live for My kids, Erik, my family but what else? After a long day of thinking about it I have come to the conclusion that I live and Die for the ones I love, my family, friends, my wonderful kids and even more wonderful husband. I live for Jesus and I strive everyday to make myself worthy of Heaven. I strive to set a good example for my kids so they would also live for God and try to make themselves worthy of Heaven. So what do YOU LIVE for?
My favorite verse.
""For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comments:
Well said Shayna. Sometimes I get so side tracked by things of this world that just don't matter. I need to keep my eyes on the Lord...and what matters to Him.
Post a Comment