
It has been a little stressful the last 2 weeks. Ethan got a high fever on the 15th that lasted for about 3 days. We took him to the Doctor to find that he has a sinus infection and possible strep throat but he wouldn't open his mouth wide enough for the Dr. to really look at it. Erika also had a DR apt right after Ethan to see why her bum is so bad. Its actually more of her lower back rather than her butt cheeks. The Dr. gave a perscription for both of them. Ethan's nose and Erika's bum. Ethan is doing much better!
Saturday I noticed Erika is trying to break in a new tooth on top and she was running a low grade fever and had a runny nose. Typical symptoms of teeth. Sunday the fever didn't get worse but it didn't get better and her nose was still pretty runny. Yesterday she just was NOT herself. My little girl is not a cuddly baby. She is always on the move and very active. She never lays her head down on me or even really wants to be held all that much. So when I changed her pants at 5am and cleaned her nose off she just laid her head down on me and just wanted to be held. She slept on my chest for about 4 hours woke up and didn't want to eat. Erika and not eating isn't very good. She is an awesome eater all the time (if you couldn't tell lol). I had been taking her temp all day and it was staying right around 102.6-103.4 but it wouldn't go down with Tylenol. When I picked E-man up from school she was so hot and her face was BRIGHT RED. By the time I went home and took her temp. again it was 104.5 1.5 hours after I gave her Tylenol. I called the Dr. and they told me to bring her right in. I dropped Ethan off at my in-laws (its so nice they are so close and love to have Ethan over) and got stuck behind 2 school busses that stop at every driveway UGH! Not to mention I have been trying to get ahold of Erik all day but he wont answer his cell. I was frustrated because he knew she was sick even when he left that morning. Finally I make it to the Dr. check in and then wait and wait and wait to be seen. Well it turns out she had a horrible double ear infection that I would have never guessed because she never messed with her ears or acted fussy. They just don't know why her temperature was so high. They gave her childrens advil and it seemed to help with the fever becuase the Tylenol wasn't working. She is now on meds and doesn't want to cuddle anymore. :( Oh well, I am just glad she is feeling a bit better!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Sickness
Posted by Carlson Family at 11:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am glad you were able to figure out what was wrong. It is so hard to know when it is an ear infection or something else. Hope life is back to normal for you soon. :)
Fevers like that are scary!
I know a friend who makes her own natural balm. I bought it from her and it clears up any rashes Daphne has straight away.
Post a Comment