As I was sitting in the McDonalds play place while Erika is playing. There was a mom that came and sat next to me. She had a little boy and little girl with her. The little girl was probably around 3 Maybe 4. The little boy was dressed decently but the little girl wore clothes that were dirty, too small, and holes. Her hair was long, not pulled back and looked like it hadn't been washed or brushed all day. I am not trying to judge at all but when it was time for them to leave the mom said to her daughter, "We need to go to the mall and get your nails done. It's been like 3 weeks since you got them done" I was in shock. I understand having "girl" dates with your daughter but seriously taking your 3 or 4 year old every 3 weeks to get her nails done? that is pure craziness to me. What are you teaching them? Why can't you go home and make it fun and paint her nails yourself? I love painting Erika's nails. Making her toes all cute during the summer with flower stickers and stuff. It seems like you can save all the money you are spending on your nails on some clothes that fit and take pride in how your daughter looks. I'm not trying to say judge a person by how they look. But it seems like if you are going to take the effort and get a 3 year old nails done every 3 weeks you would at least have a little pride in how you dress your child and at least fix their hair!
My little rant on the matter...
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Going a bit too far
Posted by Carlson Family at 12:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment