I recently started following a blog about a family who has 4 children 1 of which is special needs and another on the way. Everything was going good until they went in for her 20 week ultrasound and that is when they got horrible news about the baby. You can read their blog .(Some posts are a little graphic but it's interesting to read their story) I just can't imagine being told that you have no amniotic fluid and the baby's heart and kidneys were enlarged and your baby wont live. I just can't imagine the heart ache that would cause.
I have had 4 friends loose their baby. Either at birth or in utero. It breaks my heart for them. God has a special plan for everything but at times it still doesn't even seem fair.
I have been blessed with 3 children 1 who will be here in 5 weeks. Each pregnancy has been completely different. My pregnancy with Ethan has been the easiest but was born with a lot of complications. I don't know what I would do if my little E-man wasn't around. He can be challenging at times but absolutely wonderful all the time.
Erika scared us pretty bad. When we went in to find out the Gender it was happy/scary all at the same time. Being told that you have Vasa previa and then being told that your baby could bleed to death within minutes is pretty scary.
With Emmalynn it's been pretty easy, and has been going by SO FAST! I hurt my back pretty bad right in the beginning but that was basically the only thing that was wrong. Then I was diagnosed with Gestational diabetes. It's actually been pretty easy so far. I have certain foods that I know I can eat and that will keep my blood sugars low. I like Hometown Buffet they have the sugar free deserts and I LOVE desert. It's def. helped me not go crazy and gain a ton of weight at the end like I have with my other 2. I just don't like the odds of me being at a 60% higher chance of developing type 2 later in life.
I often wonder about why is it so easy for some people to have baby after baby and not even care about it but people who would make really good parents and have so much love to give either can't have a baby or it's so hard to get pregnant.
I just feel so blessed and I'm so thankful for my family.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Blessed
Posted by Carlson Family at 1:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I try hard not to take it for granted that I have had so many healthy beautiful boys. Life is hard to understand at times. The deaths in the family this past year made me all the more thankful and amazed at the preciousness of life.
Hope you are feeling well and taking it easy. :)
Post a Comment