It has been such a blessing to become friends with the Weems Family. The advice and encouragement has been just what I've needed. Now days it's very hard to find people with the same morals, and parenting skills that are the same as ours. Ethan and Luke are such great friends (both high energy) :) and Erika and Daphne are about 5 weeks apart and are becoming such good friends at such a young age.
We were able to go to the Zoo together on Presidents day and had a blast! The weather was just right, not a huge crowd and there is so much that I haven't seen there. Finally after over a year we saw the baby elephant, the Lions were out and amazing. The crocodile roared 3 times while we were standing there watching it. I have never seen that before. Erika was old enough to really get excited over the animals and Ethan had a blast learning about the animals that we saw. All in all the trip was AMAZING!!!
*Funny story! At times when Ethan asks Erik a Question he will act like he is talking a different language. Usually it's a form of Chinese/Japanese sound. Ethan thinks it's funny. Well, While we were checking out the Lions an Oriental couple stood behind Ethan and started talking to each other. Ethan thought it would be cool to join right in talking "their language" He was so excited that he was able to hear the "real" thing. The couple looked at him like WHAT?!?! HAHA. I'm sure they had a little giggle. I had to explain that we shouldn't do that anymore. It's okay to joke around with daddy but you don't know their language so you shouldn't talk to them like that. Ethan thought it was very cool that God makes people different. Children! I LOVE them!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
ZOO trip with Great Friends!
Posted by Carlson Family at 12:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That day really was fun! We should have another zoo day soon.
I am telling all the people out there that Ethan's Asian-sounding language was a hoot! Shayna and I went to a bench in the ladies room and just laughed for a little while!
Post a Comment