Yesterday a good friend of mine told me that her neighbor went for a jog and when he came home he collapsed in his driveway. His wife performed CPR and then the EMT's worked on him for 30 minutes. Unfortunately they couldn't revive him.He was only 35 years old and he had 4 children under the age of 12. How horrible. I hear he was a very nice man. The coroner ruled out his heart. (His father died at 32 of a heart attack)
This just makes you really realize that no matter how great of shape you're in it could be over in an instant. I just pray for his wife and his 4 children who have so many questions and no answers. Why him? why NOW? I pray that God gives them the peace they need.
It really makes you think about getting caught up in the "stuff" that needs to be done. At times don't worry so much about the dishes in the sink or the clothes that need to be folded. Just grab the ones you LOVE and hold them tight.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Hug the ones you love
Posted by Carlson Family at 10:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That is so sad. Thanks for the reminder...I have been too focused on all the things I need to get done and not on what is really important.
Post a Comment