THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Diaper rash/Kaiser

Ever since Erika was 6 months old she has had the worst diaper rash EVER! Nothing I do ever seems to help it. Finally at her 1 year check up her doctor seemed a little worried about it. She had scratched it because it itched and it was bleeding and red and just looked really bad. Her Dr referred her to a dermatologist because she had been seen 4 times and been put on 4 different medications for it. We set up the apt with the dermatologist for the 5th of May. Kaiser told me they only had a 9:40 apt available. When I got there at 9:30 I checked in pd the co-pay and waited. finally at 10am the nurse came out and asked if anyone was waiting for that DR. I told her I was and I gave Erika's name and her apt time. Well apparently in their system they had Erika's apt for 9:05. When the apt reminder that they mailed to me and the apt that we set up was for 9:40. The nurse told me that she would have to talk to the Dr., well she never came back. 5 min. later the receptionist that checked me in said that she shouldn't have checked me in and that I couldn't be seen. I explained the situation and she went to check and see if they had another apt for that day. Luckily they did. Seriously, EVERY time I have an apt with Kaiser they either call at the LAST minute and cancel, or they can't find my apt, or double book the apt. its starting to become very frustrating. When Erika finally saw the Dr. they took a few skin samples and then told me to buy Lamisil and put it on 3 times a day, and come back in 2 weeks. I have been doing what they said and it seems to be getting worse. Ugh, I hope it starts to get better or they find out what is causing it.

1 comments:

Loey said...

I'm assuming you've tried this for kaiser but signing up online so you can check appt times and such. You can sign each of your kids up and be in charge of their online stuff. You'll be able to check their records and other info, lab results, etc. As being a kaiser member i have found this beneficial and also you can email your doctor.

Also have you tried the butt paste stuff?