The hardest part for me during this whole thing with Erika was the sedation part. The anesthesiologist explained the whole process to us and I was ok. They explained the medication to sedate her will work really fast. I was holding Erika she was talking to the anesthesiologist asking him what he is doing and telling him about her duck and kitty she got. He explained to her everything he was doing because she was so curious. He started singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and she was out. Her head rolled back in my arms, her mouth open and she went completely limp. I try to be the strong one most the time. Erik is a big worrier so I try not to let my worries known much. But when The anesthesiologist took her from my arms and she looked so helpless I couldn't stand it anymore. (I'm trying to blame it on the fact I got no sleep the night before, and I'm 34 weeks pregnant and way more emotional then normal) They wheeled her off, stopped and let us kiss her before they took her for her MRI. I couldn't even hold her animals, every time I thought about it I would loose it again. After her MRI she woke up fine for them, cuddled the anesthesiologist and then laid back in her bed and fell back to sleep. We brought her back to her room and she slept for a few hours and woke up just her happy self! She was starving so we fed her and we were able to bring her home.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
SEDATION
Posted by Carlson Family at 8:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment